The United Kingdom: 2018 Ecommerce Report (free) provides a brief overview of the state of ecommerce in The UK. This report has been published by the Ecommerce Foundation with hand-selected data that will help both domestic and international retailers evaluate their potential for success in the UK ecommerce market.
Check the original document from EcommerceWiki here.
Topics and Scope
The report is split into 6 main chapters:
- Introduction: The United Kingdom
- Infrastructure and Logistics
- E-commerce Landscape
- British Consumers
- Case Study: Brexit
Did you know?
- The UK GDP grew by 2.05% in 2017
- Inclusive Internet Index: The UK is in the top 10 nations
- Affordability is a key strength in the UK
- The UK ranks 1st in the E-Government development Index
- 2018 B2C turnover growth rate is forecasted to be ≈ 14%
- UK ecommerce rises substantially during holiday season
- Internet purchasing growth is strong and stable
- Over half of online consumers feel there is more choice online
- UK webshops are still by far the most popular
- 1/3 of consumers have purchased from other EU nations
- Most internet access is via fixed broadband
- 54% of e-tailer websites were rated ‘poor’ for page speed
- Internet usage is above 90% for almost all age groups
- 91% of ages 35-44 are shopping online
Download the report here!
If you can’t see the file, check your spam!